Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do You Believe in Miracles?

I just got off the phone with our adoption agency. Well, still not officially our adoption agency since we are lacking the fees to pay their fee and begin the process, but the agency we are planning on using. To make a long story short, they are in transition to become an affiliate of a larger agency, and if we don't have the $5500 to pay their agency fee in the next four weeks, we must begin the process all over again with the new agency and the fees will be more expensive...not a ton more, but every little bit adds on to the final cost of this adoption. Additionally, we are hearing that Taiwan may soon become a Hague country which means we will have the same paperwork issues we were having with China which caused us to choose Taiwan in the first place. If that happens before we are in a program, we will probably not be able to continue the adoption. I'm a bit discouraged, and again I'm wondering if we REALLY should be doing this when we have no money whatsoever at this point towards our agency fee (or the additional $15,000 we'll need after that!) and are struggling along with everyone else to make ends meet financially in this economy anyway. I'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers...what keeps me going is that I DO believe in miracles, and if God wanted to, He could plop all of the money we need in our laps today. Will He choose to do that? Probably not, but you never know! Please pray for wisdom and patience...thanks!

4 comments:

LizzieJane said...

Keeping you and your family in our prayers Terri. It must be terribly discouraging but I know it will happen if it is meant to be.
x

Bethany said...

I just picked up some fabric today to send to you for your quilt. I am so sorry to hear this news Terri. I do believe in miracles, however. I think that God has the perfect timing. Just know that!
lots of love,
Beth

Stephanie said...

We love you and are holding out hope for miracles!!

Anonymous said...

All will be okay. Just another bump in the road. Being patient is not easy for any of us. love & prayers as always. . .