Friday, August 13, 2010

Grandmom's Pound Cake

Grandmom Christian's pound cake was a staple in her house growing up.  And because we lived overseas, when we were home, it was a really special treat.  I grew up hearing how ornery the cake was, because sometimes it didn't turn out as a pound cake--but as a ten pound cake--way too heavy and a waste of precious ingredients.  I have always been a little afraid of trying it, but I just got a hankering for it and, after calling Grandmom and getting some last minute advice, I tried baking it today for the very first time.  And, I'm proud to announce...IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFULLY!  

just out of the pan

ready to be eaten...yum!

If you would like this recipe, it's in our Forever Family cookbook that we are selling as an adoption fundraiser...check it out here!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa ... I want some!!!