Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weekend Cooking Adventures


Since becoming a full-time stay-at-home mom, I have found that I really enjoy cooking. I guess I didn't have enough time to really get into it before, and now I do. I really enjoy looking up recipes on-line and in my myriad of cookbooks (I always had good intentions!) and preparing new recipes for the family to try. After a new recipe is served, the boys and Dave tell me whether it is a "keeper" or not. It's a great way to get feedback on my cooking!

Well this weekend I cooked two great new recipes that are definitely "keepers" around here! To you more seasoned chefs, they may sound simple, but I was proud of my accomplishments. On Saturday night I made a whole wheat thin pizza crust recipe I found on SparkPeople. It was delicious AND healthy! On Sunday I made a traditional Chilean recipe called empanadas. They are meat pastries that really have a unique flavor. I had always been afraid to try anything with dough, but both of these recipes required it, and it turned out fine! I've posted some pictures so you can see my latest creations. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks YUMMY! Good for you!!