Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am Blessed

It is almost 1 a.m. on Saturday morning. I must get up and lead a VBS meeting at church in the morning. But I just finished reading a book that reminded me to cherish every moment God gives me with my children, so I did something some would think was quite stupid--I woke up my baby boy and held him for a few moments. He is getting so big, and life is so busy and crazy, and I just want it to slow down so I can cherish the moments I have with him and his brothers. He was so snuggly in his half awake/half asleep state...so unlike his usual go-at-100-miles-per-hour self when he's fully awake. Hug your babies while you still can--while they still let you. They grow up way too fast. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What was the book? Sounds good. :)

I used to go into Owen's bedroom in Texas and take him out of bed while he was sleeping, just so I could rock my snuggly little boy for awhile. So I can definitely relate.