Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Arcade & Attica RR

Today I took my two younger sons to ride the Arcade & Attica Railroad! Aunt Ruthie went along, too. Between the two of us, we got some great photos of the boys and the train ride, but I don't have a way to upload photos right now...as soon as I get home I'll be posting quite a few from our time here! Suffice it to say that we all had fun, but Nathaniel thought the train's whistling and whooshing was a bit too loud at first. The whole first part of the ride he sat on my lap quivering and holding on to me while I held his head against me, covering his ears! Of course it didn't help that we were the first coach behind the steam engine! On the way back, we were the last coach and the sounds were much less loud...and Nathaniel enjoyed it much more! This particular railroad dates back to the 1800's when farmers in this part of New York wanted to get their produce and goods to Buffalo and thus to the rest of the U.S. It still runs today, but a lot of its revenue comes from these excursion rides. It really was fun, and a great way to spend a few hours with my younger boys who can't really take advantage of the fishing and such that their big brother and Dad can! Stay tuned for some great photos when we get home!

No comments: