Monday, May 3, 2010

May Musings

Today I changed the calendar in my kindergarten classroom and announced to the children that they only had one month left in K5...where has the time gone? This past weekend I finished teaching my spring grad course which started out delayed due to my trip to Florida in January to see my Haitian nephews and then due to snow in February. And Saturday we were experiencing near 90 degree temps and high humidity...amazing!

I think the older I get the more quickly time flies...and the more I realize that I really must seize the moment and use it wisely. There really is no time to waste. I was reminded on Sunday of God's faithfulness and immutability...in this world of constant flux and change, He never changes. He is my anchor as life swirls wildly around me. I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Him. Some day I will spend eternity basking in His glory and enjoying sweet worship and fellowship. And, I believe, time will finally stand still.

Oh glorious day!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful thoughts.

LizzieJane said...

Lovely post Terri. Time is certainly flying by so quickly. I should have listened to my father when he used to tell me that it goes even quicker as you get older. I watched a movie the other night where the last line was "We are only here for a moment and then we are gone". I don't intend to waste any of my moments! Life is just to precious.
Have a great day Terri.
x