Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Today we enjoyed being with family on a hot, summery day.  We prayed before our yummy, abundant meal, and talked freely about things that meant a lot to us.  We sat in a house that my parents are privileged to own, payments and all.  On the two hour journey--each way--Dave and I discussed our dreams and our family's future.  All of this was made possible by what Memorial Day is all about...remembering those who gave their lives to protect the freedoms that we take for granted on days like today and every day.  To those who gave their last full measure of devotion...I thank you.  To those who are giving on the front lines around the world...I thank you.  To those who gave of their time and talent in years past...I thank you.  May we NEVER forget!

No comments: