Thursday, May 13, 2010

Winding Down

The school year is winding down, which is always a bittersweet thing for a teacher. Yes, I'm looking forward to summer vacation, but I've grown attached to my young pupils. Several of them will not be returning to our school for first grade, so I pray that I have made a difference in their lives in this short school year. I have seen so much growth...I was looking at their school photos from the fall and they have matured so much! They are all reading now to varying degrees, and they all understand our routine and handle it like champs. Today there was a hiccup in our day, and they went with it like seasoned surfers on a rogue wave...I'm so proud of them!

Tomorrow we will add a straw to our days of school count and be at 162...only 18 more days left, but actually a bit less for my class as we graduate a few days earlier. Hopefully I have taught them more then phonics and math...may they remember that God loves them and has a plan for their lives...like Joseph, Esther and King David. May our theme verse, which we have said for 162 days...resonate with them for a long time: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." (Colossians 3:23). Keep up the good work, K5--I'm proud of you!

1 comment:

LizzieJane said...

Goodness Terri the school year just seems to have whizzed by this year. It must be a little sad to see pupils come and go. It is nice to think though that you have made a difference.
x